Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

More Baby Steps

So, I'm really good at consistent blogging (sarcasm).

Since my last post, I've had some really encouraging things happen in my writing journey...


  • I got some great feedback from several contest judges, and even finaled in a contest.
  • I joined ACFW.
  • I attended my first mini-conference and learned a TON, and I met some awesome writers.
  • I've continued learning online as part of the My Book Therapy community.
  • I joined my local writing chapter (OCFW) and have absolutely loved it. I just feel like I've found the perfect place to belong, and I've been given a mentor (she's amazing!) to help me along in my journey.
  • I started a new story and I've set a goal of writing 20,000 words by the end of this month.
  • I entered the first scene of my new story in the Frasier Contest.


As you can see, I'm continuing to take baby steps. It's so tempting to try to rush ahead and get farther, faster. But I have bathed this journey in prayer from the beginning, and I know that God is leading me at the perfect pace. I trust Him to open the right doors at the right time, so I'm going to close my eyes, hang on to His hand, and enjoy the ride. At least, I'm going to try. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment